Visit Launceston - The official Launceston Tourist Information Centre website
Launceston Visitor Information Centre (VIC) has now reopened following the coronavirus lockdown. Ensuring the safety of visitors and staff, we are offering a restricted service at the moment. To allow for the necessary cleaning, sanitising and erection of daily social distance measures, the opening times are:
Monday to Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 2:00pm
Launceston Visitor Information Centre, White Hart Arcade, Launceston PL15 8AA
Some of our normal services are currently suspended, as we have had to make adaptations to the normal visitor experience. Details are:
- We have followed all government advice and guidelines to ensure the safe reopening of the VIC
- We advise customers to wear face coverings – as of 24 June 2020, this will be mandatory
- We ask that customers use the handsfree automatic sanitiser on entry to the VIC
- We ask that all visitors to the VIC, respect the social distancing measures in place
- No cash payments/card only
- The photo machine is not in operation
- We are unable to scan or provide photocopying
- Only one customer is allowed in the shop at any one time*
- Customers may browse but not touch goods but staff will assist with this
- There are no ticket sales at the moment
*customers with a registered disability, may be accompanied by a carer or support person
Nb- we have received new bus timetables but been advised they are subject to change. We advise customers to check directly with transport companies before travelling
We welcome everyone back and look forward to seeing you all!
Launceston was once the capital of Cornwall and it is easy to see why especially when you catch sight of the Norman Castle dominating the skyline as you approach the town. Situated close to the Devon border and within the picturesque Tamar Valley this once strategic stronghold has retained much of its ancient origins.
Set amidst rolling countryside Launceston is conveniently situated between Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor and within easy reach of the north and south Cornish coasts. It’s the perfect location from which to explore the rest of Cornwall as well as nearby north and west Devon.
Within this idyllic location there are a myriad of places to stay, cosy cottages, boutique B&B's, glamorous glamping and historic hotels. Whether you plan to stay for a night or two or are looking for a family get away there is somewhere for everyone to relax and unwind.
Discover family attractions and activities, history, heritage; a wealth of local events and festivals add to the local culture on offer all year round.
Launceston is well known for the independent shops lining its narrow streets and town square. You will be spoilt for choice when shopping; there are award winning local food producers, shops selling unique crafts and gifts plus there are regular markets to browse.
Launceston TIC - how we can help
How to Get Here
Things to Do
Full Graphics Website
Website by WesternWeb Ltd
Last updated 20th August 2020